Have a great idea but short on cash? Apply for the LeaderShape Vision Grant! The Grant has been developed to assist the completion of LeaderShape student visions in partnership with UGA departments, communities, non-profit agencies, schools, and government bodies in an effort to create a better community here at the University of Georgia.
Start your application today!»
LeaderShape Grant Application: DUE October 1, 2014 at 5:00pm
*Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis based on the availability of funds after the initial review. The initial review will take place with applications received by October 1.
Grants will be made available to individual LeaderShape past participants. Grants will range from $100 - $1,000 based on need and strength of the applications.
Partner Agencies or Organizations
If your initiative includes work with or a benefit to any additional partner agencies (other student organizations, UGA departments, Athens area agencies, national organizations, etc.), you will need to submit a letter of support from the partnering agency contact showing their agreement to and cooperation with your initiative.
Allowable Uses of Funds
- Materials and supplies necessary to complete the project
- Room reservations to host campus events related to your vision
- Publicity, printing, and postage
- Other items must be adequately justified in the proposal.
Funds are NOT to be used for
- May not be used for salaries, honoraria, or compensation to the individuals working on the project.
- May not be used as a donation.
- May not be used for cash awards or purchasing gift cards, as an award or special prizes, etc.
- Applications must be submitted by October 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- Grant committee will review applications.
- Grant recipients will be notified by October 10, 2014.
- Funds will be available immediately upon notification.
- Please Note: Funds are provided through a direct invoice payment to a vendor utilized in the project or by reimbursement based on paid receipts.
- Final Reports must be submitted by May 4, 2015.
*A report template will be provided.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
- Grant recipients are expected to meet with the Program Coordinator and provide project updates once the funding has been awarded through the completion of the project as described in the grant application.
- Funding is awarded based on the fiscal year. All spending and reports must be completed by May 4, 2015.
Point of Contact
All applications, reports, and inquiries should be directed to:
Center for Leadership and Service
Looking for additional funding options to help support your vision? Check out these other great sources and opportunities:
Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative projects from films, games and music to art, design, and technology! Kickstarter is a platform and a resource; you have complete control over and responsibility for your projects. Anyone can launch a project on Kickstarter as long as it meets the guidelines. You set the funding goal and deadline; if people like your project they can pledge money to help make it happen!
Give Corps is an online community where you can discover new opportunities to further your vision. You can find causes that inspire you, volunteer with them, donate to them, and spread the word to others. You can also start your own cause or foundation! This funding program also provides Corps Rewards which are discounts/coupons you can use with their local merchant partners.
CrowdRise is an online fundraising website that is a unique blend of crowd funding, social networking, contests and more. First, set a goal, and personalize your fundraising page and then, start your campaign! Send your link via email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Myspace, and then just keep asking and asking! The whole point is to make it fun so that people want to help you raise money for your good cause. Add incentives, like every time someone donates $100 dye your hair green or something fun like that!
Rally is an online fundraising tool used to build social awareness on a larger scale with no deadlines. Rally is used for everything from political campaigns to non-profit organizations to people wanting to cover their medical expenses or tuition. Simply create a page, upload a photo or video, and grow your supporters using the social sharing features built into your personal website already connecting your message to twitter/Facebook, etc.