What is the Institute?
- The University of Georgia LeaderShape Institute is an extensive, six-day leadership development experience introducing student participants to various aspects and issues relating to personal and group leadership, leading with integrity, and creating personal goals for the future. This is accomplished through a “leadership curriculum” that involves a combination of working in large groups, participating in smaller group discussions, individual reflection, and most of all, interactive activities/experiences. The LeaderShape Institute will include a diverse group of students from all over campus representing numerous student groups, organizations, and interests.
- You will receive valuable leadership training and skills that will benefit you during your college career and beyond. You will also have an opportunity to develop and implement a personal vision project intended to benefit a student organization, the campus, or community. Not only is this a great opportunity for you to have an incredible amount of interaction with fellow students and leaders, but you will also be involved with faculty and staff members from the University during the week. In addition, you will have a special opportunity to meet alumni, community, and business leaders from around the state.
Before the Institute:
- Attend the Orientation Meeting to be held on Monday, March 30 at 5:30pm
- Turn in the deposit on time – Due Wednesday, March 18
- Communicate with the On-Site Coordinators if there is a problem or if you are unable to attend
During the Institute:
- Attend each session of The LeaderShape Institute and participate. Participating means listening, sharing your viewpoint, and participating in activities.
- Refrain from using alcohol or other drugs while at The LeaderShape Institute. In addition, challenge yourself to confront the use of alcohol or drugs by other participants if you are aware of it.
- Take responsibility for your own learning. Ask questions if you do not understand, participate even if you have done an activity before, and challenge yourself to step out of your “comfort zone”.
- Respect individual differences and the dignity of all people. Keep an open mind and strive to learn a new perspective on the world.
- Agree to not leave the retreat facility without permission from a faculty member. Respect the retreat facility and treat it like your own home.
- Please click here to view the full Learning Agreement.
Following the Institute:
- Attend the two LeaderShape Revisit Retreats, one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester – Fall Date: October 11, 2015
- Participate in social activities and programs offered by the LeaderShape-In-Action Committee
- Talk about your experience with peers following the session
- Provide a voice to LeaderShape
- Encourage peers to attend LeaderShape
- Ask questions that challenge and/or embrace the curriculum
- Put concepts talked about at the Institute into action when you return to campus
- Talk about the new ideas or ways of thinking you experience during LeaderShape
Requirements for applying:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at UGA
- Be in good academic and behavioral standing with the University
- Be returning to UGA for at least one semester during the 2013-2014 academic year
Application Deadline: February 13, 2015 by 4:00 PM
The application for participants in the 2015 UGA Session of the LeaderShape Institute will be available by January 5, 2015.
For more information regarding LeaderShape and/or the application process, please contact Katie Johnston at 706-542-1038 or by email at email@example.com.
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 13, 2015 by 4:00pm
- Interviews: Sunday, February 22, 2015 (Time Determined by sign-up in the CLS)
- Deposit Due: Friday, March 18, 2015 by 4:30pm
- Orientation: Monday, March 30, 2015 from 5:30pm-6:30pm
- LeaderShape Institute: May 11 - 16, 2015