What is the Institute?
- The University of Georgia LeaderShape Institute is an extensive, six-day leadership development experience introducing student participants to various aspects and issues relating to personal and group leadership, leading with integrity, and creating personal goals for the future. This is accomplished through a “leadership curriculum” that involves a combination of working in large groups, participating in smaller group discussions, individual reflection, and most of all, interactive activities/experiences. The LeaderShape Institute will include a diverse group of students from all over campus representing numerous student groups, organizations, and interests.
- You will receive valuable leadership training and skills that will benefit you during your college career and beyond. You will also have an opportunity to develop and implement a personal vision project intended to benefit a student organization, the campus, or community. Not only is this a great opportunity for you to have an incredible amount of interaction with fellow students and leaders, but you will also be involved with faculty and staff members from the University during the week. In addition, you will have a special opportunity to meet alumni, community, and business leaders from around the state.
Before the Institute:
- Attend informational meetings
- Turn in deposit on time
- Communicate with the On-Site Coordinators if there is a problem or if you are unable to attend
During the Institute:
- Be involved in the curriculum and in the learning process of other participants
Following the Institute:
- Attend three out of five programs implemented by the LeaderShape-in-Action Committee during the course of the school year
- Talk about your experience with peers following the session
- Provide a voice to LeaderShape
- Encourage peers to attend LeaderShape
- Ask questions that challenge and/or embrace the curriculum
- Put concepts talked about at the Institute into action when you return to campus
- Talk about the new ideas or ways of thinking you experience during LeaderShape
Requirements for applying:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at UGA
- Be in good academic and behavioral standing with the University
- Be returning to UGA for at least one semester during the 2013-2014 academic year
Click Here for the The LeaderShape 2014 Application
- Please Note: You can only access the application for the UGA specific LeaderShape Session by clicking the link above. Additionally, you will need to create a login to the general LeaderShape site in order to access the application.
Application Deadline: February 19, 2014 by 5:00 PM
A complete application includes signing up for an interview. Interviews will occur on Friday, February 28, 2014. Interview sign-ups will also be closed on February 19 at 5:00 PM. The sign-up sheet can be found in the CLS (201 Tate Student Center) at the front desk.
For more information regarding LeaderShape and/or the application process, please contact Katie Johnston at 706-542-1028 or by email at email@example.com.
- Application Deadline: February 19, 2014
- Interviews: February 28, 2014
- Orientation: April 7, 2014 from 5:30pm-6:30pm
- LeaderShape Institute: May 12 - 17, 2014