Dawg Day of Service
September 6, 2014
9:30am - 3:00pm
The UGA motto espouses a commitment to service. Dawg Day of Service seeks to realize the university’s commitment through a campus-wide, visible day of service event open to the entire University of Georgia community. Participants will volunteer at different sites around the Athens-Clarke County area where they will have the chance to network and interact with students, community members, and staff, while engaging in meaningful service and addressing community needs.
9:30 am – 10:00 am: Registration and Kick-Off
10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Service at various sites around Athens
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Celebration
- Registration will open on July 15
- You will be able to sign up for a particular site to serve in Athens
- The Registration, Kick-Off, and Celebration will all take place at Tate Grand Hall
Interested in being a Site Leader?
- Site leaders will maintain contact with the service sites and be the main point person for the site on the Day of Service. They will work to facilitate collaboration among participants and facilitate the reflection of service at the end of the event.
- If you are interested, please contact email@example.com or Danny Bounds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will transportation be provided to the sites?
We will have UGA busses available to take participants to some of the sites. The sites that will have transportation provided will be noted on the registration information for each site. Otherwise, we ask that you carpool with other participants heading to the same site.
- Will food be provided?
We will have some breakfast items available in the morning during registration. Additionally, we plan to have food at the celebration following service. However, we do recommend that you bring a light snack and a water bottle with you when you head out to the service sites.
- Who can I contact for more information?
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Executive Director, Camille Pfister at email@example.com or Advisor, Katie Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the Center for Leadership and Service at 706-583-0830.